The backyard of the basadi houses the statue of a lady riding a horse and carrying a sword. It is about 4 feet tall and is believed to be that of Rani Chennabhairadevi who ruled these parts between 1549 and 1606. She had helped build many temples & basadis including those at Kaanooru fort.
Adjacent to the village there are two hills called as Chandragiri and Indragiri. Chandragiri has a basadi whose idols are missing.
Reaching Chandragiri basadi involves an arduous trek of 3 km through rocky hillside that is covered by weeds and plants. Though steps have been provided to climb the hill and other amenities like a dining hall, kitchen & rest rooms have been created near the basadi, everything is in a state of disrepair and hence cannot be used.